Combined Defence Services Examination or the CDS Exam is a medium to entry in Indian army after graduation.Check CDS online application form, CDS (II) 2017 Final Result, CDS (2) 2018, CDS syllabus with preparation strategies and link for CDS Admit card is given here. Result Link is given below.
CDS II 2017 Final Result Declared
|Link to check Final CDS II Result 2017- Click Here|
Total 192 candidates finally got success after SSB round. Congratulations to all successful candidates.
About CDS Exam-2018?
Union Public Service Commission of India conducts CDS exam twice a year generally known as CDS (I) and CDS (II). Combined Defence Services are held in February (CDS-1) and November (CDS-2) every year. An Indian who wish to join any of the three wings of Indian Armed Force i.e. Air Force Academy/ Naval Academy/Indian Army can appear either in NDA exam or in CDS exam.
CDS and NDA
CDS exam and NDA exam both give opportunity to join Indian armed force. In both CDS and NDA exams, the candidates appears in written exam, SSB followed by the fitness test. Final selctions are made by merit list.
In CDS, recommended candidates are trained in any one of following as per nature of commission.
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun for permanent commission in the Indian Army
- Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Chennai for short-service commission in the Indian Army
- Naval Academy Goa, for Commission in the General Services in the Indian Navy
- Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad for Commission in the Indian Air Force
NDA and CDS exam, both are to join defence but few differences exist.
|Age Limit is 16.5 to 19 years||Age Limit is 19 to 21 or (25) Years|
|Aspirant should have cleared XII with PCM||Aspirant should be graduate|
|Girls are not allowed||Female can also apply.|
Tip- As the max age limit for NDA exam is 19 years and the min. age limit for CDS Exam is 19 years, so one can be eligible for only one of these two exams at a time.
You can download your CDS Admit Card from given link- CDS Admit Card
What is Eligibility for CDS (2) 2018 Exam?
|Academy||Age Criteria||Educational Qualification|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19-24 years||Graduate from a recognized University or equivalent|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA)||19-25 years||Graduate from a recognized University or equivalent|
|Air Force Academy||19-23 years|
|B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering|
|Naval Academy||19-22 years||B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering|
Note: If you are appearing for final year exam of your graduation you can appear also, however, you will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination within a date as specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
CDS (2) Exam Pattern for 2018:
A graduate needs to clear three stages of CDS exam to get finally selected.
- Written Exam
- Personal Interview aka Intelligence and Personality Test and
- Medical Examination
Question Paper Pattern for CDS (2) Exam 2018
IMA, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy
|Nature of question paper:||Objective|
|Nature of question paper:||Objective|
CDS examination centers-2018
CDS exams are conducted on following centres.
|Know about NDA Application Form|
Preparation for CDS (2) exam 2018
Preparation time: Recommended a dedicated time of minimum of six months
As stated above each part of the CDS exam paper has equal weightage. In a paper of 100 marks, questions will be with multiple choices to select one correct answer. English question paper is just to test your basic understanding of the language. English syllabus will comprise basic grammar knowledge which will be checked questions like spotting the correct sentences, antonyms and synonyms fill correct form of verb etc.
Tips to Prepare English for CDS (2) Exam 2018
- Read English Newspaper regularly. This habit will give you double advantage. First, you would be update with current updates and second, you would feel that your vocabulary is enriching.
- Take out your school grammar book to give a revision to rules of Grammar.
- Make your own dictionary. Learn few new words along with their antonyms and synonyms on a daily basis. By doing this, you will soon find that you are developing a good hold over the language
- Use newly learnt words in sentences. This practice will increase your confidence as well as your hold over language.
- Don’t forget to solve old question papers of CDS exam to have complete idea of question paper as well as to increase your efficiency.
The General Knowledge part of CDS exam paper asks 100 questions from various subjects like history, geography, day-to-day use of science and current affairs. This part does not demand any expertise of the domain but checks general observation of surroundings.
Tips to Prepare General Knowledge for CDS (2) Exam 2018
- Along with reading newspapers, watch television for news regularly.
- Read any monthly magazine which covers varied topics ranging from economy to sports everything. As you have to be aware of all the topics art, business, literature, politics etcas questions may be asked from any area.
- Go through CD exam question paper of last few years to see the pattern of occurrence of the questions.
The Elementary Mathematics syllabus of CDS exam is based on class X standard and cover topics like Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration and Basic statistics.
Tips to Prepare Elementary Mathematics for CDS (2) Exam 2018
- Before trying questions, first give a revision to all topics of CDS exam syllabus.
- Start doing practicing with your strong topic as it will boost your confidence level and your zone will become stronger with the practice.
- If you are unable to solve questions of a particular topic, go for clarity of concept. Take help of teacher or friend instead of wasting time in trial and error. Conept clarity is must to increase your speed and level of accuracy.
Personal interview: Intelligence and Personality test
If you get success in clearing written exam you would become eligible for the personality test conducted by SSB.
CDS Exam Result
CDS (2) Exam 2017 Result was declared on 3 January,2018. Total 8692 candidates cleared written exam as per CDS result. These candidates will appear in SSB Interview.
|CDS result of 2017 OTA can be checked with given link. Result|
CDS Online Application 2018
CDS online application form for CDS (2) 2018 will be released by UPSC on 8th August,2018. CDS (2) 2018 written exam will be held on 18/11/2018.
Read the link to know about SSB Interview Preparation. This test is same for NDA and CDS exam.