NDA (National Defence Academy) trains the cadets (candidates) to get selected for all wings of Indian Armed Forces (Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy) as officers. To approach the academy, a candidate should qualify a national level entrance examination-commonly known as NDA exam, organised by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). The examination is conducted twice a year. In 2017 NDA (I) 2017 was held on 23rd April 2017 and NDA (II) 2017 on 10th September 2017.
This blog will help candidates to check detailed information about application form, exam dates, qualification & age eligibility, syllabus & NDA exam pattern.
Vacancy in NDA and NA (II) 2017:
Notification For NDA (II) came on 7 june. In this blog, you can check your eligibility and understand different stages of NDA Exam 2017. Check NDA (II) Exam Date and process.
Vacancy in NDA and Naval Academy (II) 2017:
UPSC has announced notification for the nda exam via notice dated 07.06.2017 to fill approx. 390 vacancies. Provisional vacancies are as followings:
|National Defence Academy||335 (208 for Army, 55 for Navy and 72 for Air Force)|
|Naval Academy||55 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)|
These vacancies are fully provisional and final numbers will depend on the on the availability of training capacity of NDA (National Defence Academy) and Indian Naval Academy.
Last Date for Online Application for NDA (II) 2017: 30th June-2017 till 6.00 PM.
NDA Exam-On-Line Application Form: Precautions to Take:
- Fill as many preferences you wish in NDA EXAM Online Form 2018:
Online Application Forms for NDA 2018 are to be filled to apply for the vacancies. Candidates are required to specify their preferences for the services. Candidates can fill as many preferences as he wishes to opt which will give him a benefit of getting considered at the time of appointment based on rank.
- Fill preferences carefully:
NDA EXAM 2018 candidate should take all care while filling his preference as his candidature will be considered only for the vacancy for which he has filled his preference. UPSC will not consider any request for alteration or addition already mentioned in the online application.
- Final Stage of admission is Personality Test:
This written examination of NDA 2018 will be followed by intelligence and personality test. Candidates who will qualify written examination will appear in the personality test which will be conducted by the Services Selection Board.
Click here for NDA Exam Syllabus.
Eligibility Criteria for NDA and Naval Academy 2018:
Citizen of India: A candidate should be a citizen of India
Certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India. If any candidate is not citizen of India but have eligibility certificate been issued by the Government of India which is being issued for a subject of Bhutan, Nepal, a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 to settle permanently in India, or a person of Indian origin who actually has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka ,Burma, and East African Countries of Uganda ,Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire ,Malawi and Ethiopia or Vietnam to settle permanently in India.
Gorkha: If the candidate is a Gorkha (subjects of Nepal) he does need Certificate of eligibility.
NDA and Naval Academy: Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
Age Limit: Candidates born not earlier than 02nd January 2000 and not later than 1st January 2001 are eligible.
Sex: Only Male Candidates can apply.
Marital Status: Candidate should be unmarried and he must undertake not to marry until he completes his full training.
Educational Qualifications for NDA and Naval Academy,2018:
Army Wing of National Defence Academy:—To apply for Army Wing of NDA a candidate should have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or any other equivalent examination conducted by any State Board or a University.
Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy: To apply for Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA, Academy : a candidate should have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics conducted by a State Board or a University.
The 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Academy: A candidate should have passed 12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics conducted by a State Board or a University.
|ARMY||12 th Pass|
|AIR FORCE||12 th Pass with Mathematics and Physics|
|NAVY||12 th Pass with Mathematics and Physics|
|10+2 CADET ENTRY SCHEME||12 th Pass with Mathematics and Physics|
- A candidate who is appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- If any candidate qualifies the SSB interview 2017 but could not produce Original Certificate of Matriculation/10+2 at the time of SSB interview need to forward duly self-attested Photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block.III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi110066’ and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ latest by 24 June 2018 if failed to do so their candidature will be cancelled.
- All other candidates who have produced their Matriculation and 10+2 pass or equivalent certificates in original at the time of the SSB interview 2017 and have got the same verified by the SSB authorities, they need not required to submit the same to Army HQ or Naval HQ as the case may be.
- Where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates, for such candidates an original certificate issued by the Principals of the Institutions is also acceptable. But in no case, photo state copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
- If permission has been given to any candidate who has yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and to appear in the UPSC Examination, they are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 24 June 2018).
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of Commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to NDA and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2017 and as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
SSB Interview 2017:
NDA 2017 : How to Know SSB Center & Interview Date:
Once you clear the written exam. you should log on official websites for getting information of SSB Centres and date of Interview.
Any information related to your queries can be found only after twenty days of the announcement of written results.
If Army is the first choice— If a candidate is having Army as his first choice he may enquire from Army Headquarters, AG’s Branch, RTG (NDA Entry), West Block-III, Wing-1, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066, Phone No 26175473 or joinindianarmy.nic.in
If Navy is the first choice—— If a candidate is having Navy as his first choice he may enquire from Naval Headquarters, Directorate of Manpower & Recruitment, O.I. & R. Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011, Phone No. 23010097/Email : email@example.com or joinindiannavy.gov.in
If Air Force is the first choice— If a candidate is having Air force as his first choice he may enquire Air Headquarters, Directorate of Personnel (Officers), PO 3 (A), Room No. 17, ‘J’ Block, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110106, Phone No. 23010231 Extn. 7973/7646 or careerairforce.nic.in
Where to Report For SSB Interview 2017 ?
After clearing written exam, centre candidates will be intimated the the centre through call up letter of an interview. They will be required to report on the date as intimated. In normal circumstance any request for the change in date of interview will not be entertained
Tentative Dates for SSB Interview 2017 :
SSB interview for the candidates who have qualified in the written examination may be held during the months of January 2018 to April 2018 or as suitable to Recruiting Directorate.
Types of Tests at the stage of SSB Interview 2017 :
Candidates who have qualified written examination conducted by UPSC shall appear before a Services Selection Board will test candidate’s personality and intelligence through following tests.
|For Army Wing|
For Navy Wing
For 10+2 Cadet Entry Wing
|For Air Force||Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and Pilot Aptitude Test (which forms the whole PAB Test) and Officers Potentiality Test.|
Intelligence and Personality Test: Two-Stage Selection Procedure:
A selection procedure which is based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been divided into two stages for selection boards of Army, Navy and Air Force.
Don’t forget to read given link for SSB Interview Preparation.
First Day and First Stage of SSB Interview 2017 :
On the first day of reporting session, all candidates will be put to test of the first stage. This stage includes to tests.
First, Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and
Second, Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT).
Second Stage of SSB Interview 2017:
Candidates who will qualify first stage will be admitted to the second stage or remaining tests. Second Stage will be comprised of
- Group Testing Officer Tasks
- Psychology Tests and
- The Conference.
Minimum Qualifying Marks:
Candidates for the Navy/Army/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in written and personality tests. They need to secure minimum qualifying marks in
- Written examination as fixed by the UPSC at their discretion and
- Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the SSB at their discretion for all Army/Navy/AirForce.
For the Air Force, should separately qualify the PAB Test.
Every candidate preferred to apply for the air force is tested on Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and Pilot Aptitude Test (both altogether forms the whole PAB test) . The grade secured by him at the first test will, therefore, will be considered for every subsequent interview he has with the Air Force selection board. If any candidate gets fail in the first pilot aptitude test cannot apply for any further examination of Air Force Wing through the National Defence Academy or general duties (pilot) branch or Naval air arm.
Original Documents Verification for SSB Interview 2017:
Candidate who will be able to qualify the second stage, will be required to submit the original documents along with one photocopy of each document.
- Original Marksheet/Pass Certificate of Tenth or equivalent in support of date of birth,
- Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent to prove educational qualification.
VISIT HERE: To read about NDA preparation.